[CBQ] Sheridan-Naperville via Joliet

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] Sheridan-Naperville via Joliet
From: "Forgotten Railways Roads & Places" <railtrace91@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 19:49:17 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Hello,

I have heard in the forums of this website of two rail lines in Illinois, one unbuilt, that I am asking for any information which your society might have.

The first is the Joliet Rockford & Northern Railroad, which later became the Paw Paw Subdivision of the CB&Q. That line was proposed to run from Joliet to Sheridan as well. In addition, another line between Joliet and Naperville was proposed, either as part of that project, or its own standalone rail line. The source I have suggests this was to create a loop around the Aurora subdivision between Sheridan and Naperville via Joliet.

If you have any maps, documents, letters, proposals, or any kind of information on these, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!
Andrew Grigg
Forgotten Railways, Roads & Places

--
Andrew J Grigg
@AbanonedROWMap on Twitter

--
Andrew J Grigg
@AbanonedROWMap on Twitter
abandonedrowmap on Instagram
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#60597) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_