Re: [CBQ] Bulletin 61

To: <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Bulletin 61
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2020 18:22:21 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

All-

My Bulletin 61 arrived in Middle Tennessee a couple of days ago and it sure covers a nice range of material…most of which is new to me in spite of my digging into the history of the East End and many research trips to the Newberry over the last half century or more….

One of the items answered a question which will allow a follow-up article to be started for a future Bulletin or Zephyr issue.

Something I have been forgetting to ask the group at large:

Has anyone done research into the Valuation Archives to see what material (photos, drawings, notes, sketches, surveys) exists for the East End?   If anyone has done work in the National Archives or had them copy information I would very much like to correspond with you.   If any of the material exists it might answer questions on stations that were out of service but still existed like Douglas Park, Millard Avenue, Crawford, Morton Park, Clyde, etc. which have so far turned up very little in the way of photos or other data.

Thanks,
Charlie Vlk

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#60320) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic