Re: [CBQ] Bulletin 61 Wymore Article.

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Bulletin 61 Wymore Article.
From: "Leo Phillipp via groups.io" <qutlx1=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2020 19:58:32 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Pete, glad to hear it’s been written.

I do know Dave has saved some other lines west material to go with it. I’m sure he’ll be in touch when he’s got some available time. He has been absolutely swamped with BRHS projects. He’s gone out of town for a week(at his own expense) to be part of a major meeting on the archives. He’s the one who made numerous updates to the website so we have online  board election voting. I’m sure there are several other things I’m still in awe of all the visuals,data,etc found for BB 61, that takes enormous amounts of time.I’ve forgotten what else he’s worked on recently.

One thing I’ve learned since  2007, when I began writing Bulletin/Zephyr articles is to be patient. Our society has about a 5 year backlog of articles to put into the Bulletin. The timeline has moved up from 6-7 with the increased publication schedule of 3 Bulletins/year. I’ve had material “sit in the storage yard“ for 5-7 years before “Going into service“. The material for Bulletin 60 on Keokuk took 5 years to make it to the top of “extra list”.

I suspect since your article is on lines west (and we have so little material on that half of the railroad) it will probably “runaround “ some other material.

Leo Phillipp
BRHS Board member
VP Education and Outreach