Re: [CBQ] Painting acrylic car sides

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Painting acrylic car sides
From: "Gary Dobias" <bgrgbldr@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2020 18:04:24 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
I would agree with everything that Nelson  stated regarding Tamiya primer. It comes in both fine white and fine gray. I heat the can with tap water to increase pressure and also improve viscosity.

 I prime everything because I have never had a paint failure on a primed surface.

I also agree with the comment about using Tamiya Primer under Tru Color paint. Until I switched primers as was ready to throw away all my Tru Color paints.  I also do not use Tru Color thinner. I use MR Color leveling thinner and get beautiful glossy finishes that do not scratch or flake off.

Gary Dobias