Re: [CBQ] EMD TR-2 Cow and Calf

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] EMD TR-2 Cow and Calf
From: "William Hirt" <whirt@fastmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2020 18:38:30 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

Bryan,

Actually Oriental Limited made a brass TR2 set in HO. They pop up occasionally. There was one sold on Brass Trains not too long ago.

<https://www.brasstrains.com/Classic/Product/Detail/051961/HO-Brass-Oriental-Limited-CB-Q-TR-2-Cow-Calf-Switcher-Set-Factory-Paint>

Note is was factory painted for CB&Q.

Bill Hirt

On 7/1/2020 1:27 PM, Bryan Howell via groups.io wrote:
As far as I know, the were cow units were NW2s with the addition of the extra connections to the calf unit. The calf units were cabless NW2s and were connected by drawbar. There were all built on the same order (except for 9400AB which was the EMD demonstrator), so there shouldn't be any differences. As built, the NW2/TR2 did not have MU capabilities, so the end pilots are pretty sparse. I am not aware of any true TR2 sets produced in HO. The calf units were later rebuilt into NW2s and had different style cab windows which made them different than their cow counterparts. They had the later SW7 rectangular style cab windows on the hood side.

Bryan J. Howell
Superior, WI