Re: [CBQ] EMD TR-2 Cow and Calf

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] EMD TR-2 Cow and Calf
From: "Michael Woodruff" <mwoodruff54@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2020 11:46:26 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
CB&Q 9400A & B which were the TR2 demonstrators had the Phase III NW2 louver patterns and "falsies" at the corners of the frames.  CB&Q 9401-9413A & B had the Phase IV NW2 louver patterns, with frame falsies on the "cows" but not on the "calves".  As Bryan notes, the cabs which were later added to the "calves" were of the later SW7/9/1200 style with rectangular front windows as opposed to the arched front windows of the NW2.  So if you are modeling CB&Q 9401B-9413B in their post-1954 configuration, you will have a mish-mash of spotting features related to front cab windows, louver patterns, and frame configurations, unlike anything else EMD produced.

msw
az