Re: [CBQ] EMD TR-2 Cow and Calf

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] EMD TR-2 Cow and Calf
From: "Gordon Smith" <kc2bw@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2020 15:47:10 -0400
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
The 9400 set had the early two tier slope in the hood ahead of the cab.
9400A retained this and the 9400B received the later hood slope when it
received the cab. Photo of the set is in The Burlington in Transition.

Gordon Smith

Bryan Howell via groups.io wrote:
As far as I know, the were cow units were NW2s with the addition of the
extra connections to the calf unit. The calf units were cabless NW2s and
were connected by drawbar. There were all built on the same order
(except for 9400AB which was the EMD demonstrator), so there shouldn't
be any differences. As built, the NW2/TR2 did not have MU capabilities,
so the end pilots are pretty sparse. I am not aware of any true TR2 sets
produced in HO. The calf units were later rebuilt into NW2s and had
different style cab windows which made them different than their cow
counterparts. They had the later SW7 rectangular style cab windows on
the hood side.

Bryan J. Howell
Superior, WI

On Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 1:10:15 PM CDT, kerhart@frontier.com