Re: [CBQ] Burlington & Missouri River Railroad caboose

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Burlington & Missouri River Railroad caboose
From: "Alan Kraus" <ak77224@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2020 15:09:44 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Thanks to all for the great information and photos.  I've attached a photograph of the waycar as it is today and it raises an interesting question.  I see the other waycars have those peculiar corner windows and CB&Q 14120 does not have them.  I have a photograph of her in Maitland, MO back in about 2006..  The BN donated her to Maitland.  She did not have the corner windows at that time.  I also have a photo of her in St. Paul in the 60's and she did not have the corner windows.  She was given a steel underframe by the BN.somewhere along the line.   So I wonder if she never did have the corner windows or later modifications to the car resulted in the loss of those windows.  My information as to the car's history is from Robert Del Grosso's Burlington Northern Railroad Cabooses 1970-1995 so I assume the note that it was formerly the Burlington and Missouri River #23 is correct.  Any thoughts on this would be welcome.

Incidentally - I just retired last fall and I hope to get this car restored, including putting glass in the windows, putting the steps on, putting the ladders on, putting a stove in  (I have a caboose stove), etc., etc.  My excuse for getting nothing done on the car has been that I was working.   Now I have no excuse!  Oh....the car in the photo to the right of 14120 is a narrow gauge boxcar off the Uintah Railway.

Alan
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#59328) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic