Re: [CBQ] Color of Wooden Water Tanks

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Color of Wooden Water Tanks
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2020 16:20:44 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Keith
Photos are your friend.  Depending on era, mineral red or black.
As to water columns, yes there were some in suburban territory.  Riverside had some between the mains East of Longcommon Road and of course at Downers Grove.  Not sure about Naperville without doing research.  Eola and Aurora had them early on as well.  Can’t offhand think of a East End location with a tank spout but there probably were very early....just so few photos.  Do you have drawings of tanks?
Stay safe y’all...
Charlie Vlk