[CBQ] Plans or pictures for CB&Q "tall truss" turntable as used on Lines

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] Plans or pictures for CB&Q "tall truss" turntable as used on Lines West.
From: "Bruce Collins" <brucec12@centurylink.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2020 10:55:16 -0800
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
I am looking to build the turntable that was at Edgemont SD in the 1940's and looking for plans, pictures, or other information. The same design seems to have been used at multiple locations as I have a few pictures from Edgemont and Ravenna from J Hardy's book "Burlington Route West, a personal Journey".
The design looks to have girders under the tracks and then a steel truss bridge affair on each side outside of the ties. My biggest question is how the truss's were attached to the girders under the rails? Any thoughts would be helpful.
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#58922) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic