Re: [CBQ] FW: [S-Scale] Real RR 12" to the foot item

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] FW: [S-Scale] Real RR 12" to the foot item
From: "Louis Zadnichek via Groups.Io" <LZadnichek=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2020 17:36:29 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
February 7, 2020

Bill - My oiler looks identical to your's, other than mine has Burlington Route stamped mid-way across the can, Urbana stamped on the bottom and nothing stamped on the handle.  I can't really tell from your's, but mine was galvanized when new. It has never been painted.

From the "CB&Q RR Co" lettering style on the handlle of your's, I'd say your's is considerable older than mine, may be dating back to the early 1900s. I'm confident that the Q purchasing department would bid out the purchase of "tin goods" and that the major suppliers such as Johnson and Urbana had virtually identical designs to offer at competitive rates.

My oiler came from an antique dealer in Nebraska, so it most likely has a Lines West origin.  Otherwise, its history has been lost.  Nice that your oiler has a family connection and you can visualize it being used on Suburban Territory power laying over between runs at the Downers Grove roundhouse - Louis

Louis Zadnichek II
Fairhope, AL