Re: [CBQ] Information on Engine in Monmouth, IL

To: <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Information on Engine in Monmouth, IL
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2020 18:38:34 -0600
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

All-

1451 was built by Baldwin as D-1 #451 in 1884.  It was renumbered in 1898 to 1451.   Sometime between 1901 and 1903 it was rebuilt into an 0-6-0 by removing the rear driver and lead truck.  It, as the photo shows, had been used as a switcher previous to the rebuilding and the tank had been cut down to a slope back at some point.

Charlie Vlk