Re: [CBQ] Forget "Everywhere West"... How About "Everywhere North"?

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Forget "Everywhere West"... How About "Everywhere North"?
From: "Tom Mack via Groups.Io" <thommack=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2020 05:27:39 -0800
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 09:08 AM, William Hirt wrote:
Just before the merger, the Q had run through agreements with Erie-Lackawanna, Penn Central (both former NYC and PRR lines) and Union Pacific. If you have the operating data sheets book published by the society (or have ordered the CD "reprint" from the Archives committee), the specifics of these trains are listed.
I am familiar with all the run-through agreements and have the operating data sheets. I have compiled references to photo evidence of specific locomotives and types from EL, NYC, PC, PRR, and UP on the line between Chicago and Mpls/StP. My favorite consist still continues to be a UP U50 + EL SDP45 + EL SDP45 on westbound 97 near Sugar Grove (no Q power on the train)!

I may have seen a photo before of a Q locomotive in Canada, but this was the first one I can remember. For those more familiar with the operations in the East, I remember seeing other photos of Q locomotives in Buffalo (and other points in Michigan, Ohio - including here in Cincinnati at NYC/PC Sharonville Yard, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey). Would the route to Buffalo usually be through Canada?

--
Tom Mack
Cincinnati, OH

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#58781) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic