Re: [CBQ] CB&Q river vessels

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CB&Q river vessels
From: "Louis Zadnichek via Groups.Io" <LZadnichek=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 15:19:37 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
November 23, 2019

Bill and Hudson - That archaic three fluted dome locomotive still intrigues me.  Since the image dates to 1890 (+/-), the locomotive from its small size (the coach overpowers it), oil headlight, dimensions that we can see and steam dome between the two sand domes is an earlier design dating back, perhaps, to the early 1870s or late 1860s.  It could be either a 4-4-0, a 2-6-0 or even an 0-6-0. The locomotive would've been obsolete for use on a main line railroad by the time the image was taken, so maybe it belonged to the bridge company or a contractor and was going to be used during construction. Always interesting to speculate on these rare old images. Hudson, thanks for posting. A very rare CB&N find. Best Regards - Louis

Louis Zadnichek II
Fairhope, AL