Re: [CBQ] Chicago Metra now has a locomotive inspired by the CB&Q

To: cbq@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Chicago Metra now has a locomotive inspired by the CB&Q
From: "Douglas Hosler" <dehosler@frontier.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2019 16:47:49 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Whether or not we like the particular recreation, I do like having the Q represented in Chicago’s Metra Service.  Issues of First and Fastest, the journal of the Shore Line Interurban Historical Society, have featured the other Metra Heritage schemes that have so far appeared.  I am happy for a Q Heritage scheme to join them.

And others have pointed out it is certainly an art to “transmogrify” the appearance of earlier engines of one type into the appearance of engines of another type.  We have a great example of that process in Burlington Bulletin #57 with John Schulz’s excellent “An E5 Homage.”  On page 15 Schulz illustrates Electro-Motive's attempt to satisfy the Q with the design of an “automotive (style) front-end” belonging to E6’s that might still reflect the appearance of the Q’s shovelnose Zephyrs.