[CBQ] Advice Requested for Decal Paper & Decal Printing for E5s, CZ Cars

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] Advice Requested for Decal Paper & Decal Printing for E5s, CZ Cars, & BR Zephyr Cars
From: "cbq_bill" <cbq_bill@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 00:29:11 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
I have a 3rd Rail Sunset 3-rail O-gauge E5A & E5B set.  These models are in the 1940-1941"as-delivered-by-EMC/EMD" without any E5 model plates or road #s on the cab sides.  I have Microscale's HO CB&Q E-5 decal set that has all the right decals but just in the wrong scale.

I also have several duplicate plated-aluminum CZ cars & Burlington Zephyr cars that I would like to rename.  Again, I have Microscale's CZ & non-CZ Zephyr HO decal sheets that have all the names of interest but in the wrong scale.

My printer is an HP Laser Jet Pro MFP M477fdw.  Do any of you have experience with this printer with any decal paper ??

Microscale offers Trim-Fit decal paper in 8.5" x 11" Clear sheets and in 4.5" x 7.5" sheets in Silver Pantone 877 & Stainless Steel sheets.  Do any of you have any experience with these decal sheets ??  Would the best results be obtained with the Clear, Silver, or SS colored sheets ??  Will they work well with my laser printer ??  If possible, I would like to use Microscale's Trim-Fit as a good-faith effort because they also made the HO decal sheets.

Does anyone have any experience with decal paper from MicroMark, Evans Designs, KayDee, or Bell ??

Another option may be to obtain Benn Coifman's Rail Fonts software for the E5 names & car names.  However, I did not see any E5 model plates in his examples.

Thanks in advance for your advice !!!

CB&Q Bill

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#57890) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic