Re: [CBQ] XM-33 Box cars in Express Service Question

To: "CBQ@groups.io" <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] XM-33 Box cars in Express Service Question
From: "Nelson Moyer" <npmoyer@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 03:02:19 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

That would be Zephyr #39 according to the BRHS Publication Index. Unfortunately, those who knew are no longer with us. Because the BE-1 troop kitchen conversions were black on the bottom, and lacking information to the contrary, I’m going to paint the Pullman green XM-33s with black bottoms. The Allied trucks were black, about the only thing I can tell from a black and white photo, so it stands to reason the underframe would also be black. And while the BE-1s had a black roof, the XM-33s had Pullman green roofs, sides, and ends. I sprayed the bodies with Scale Coat II Pullman Green today, and they really look good. Can’t wait to get the decals on, but then I have to allow time for the Scale Coat II to cure first.

Nelson Moyer