Re: [CBQ] Bev-Bel Blackhawk Car?

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Bev-Bel Blackhawk Car?
From: "Ken Vandevoort via Groups.Io" <apo09324=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2019 20:53:19 -0800
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
I was a Bev-Bel dealer back when I had a brick and mortar hobby shop.  They were good people to deal with.  They not only lettered cars, they were a model railroad wholesaler.  I miss the green sheets.   In addition to Athearn bodies, they also used Robins Rail, Roundhouse and Life-Like.  One thing they did was make painted, but unlettered Athearn boxcars available.  They also had Athearn single headlight F7's when Athearn used dual headlights under their own name.  The Belkins and Athearns were friends.  Bev-Bel produced a memorial car for Irv Athearn after he died.  At one time, we had tax permits for 5 states and hit the road every other weekend.  We always had Bev-Bel with us heavy on the roadnames for where we were going.  Yankee Dabbler still has a good selection of their cars at reasonable prices.

Ken Vandevoort
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#56578) | Reply To Group | Mute This Topic | New Topic