Re: [CBQ] Bernie Corbin's Locomotives

To: CBQ@xxxxxxxxx, James Sandrin <sandmantrains@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Bernie Corbin's Locomotives
From: "George N." <georgecrawfordsr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2019 11:59:55 -0500 (EST)

I remember reading that Mr. Budd, president of the CB&Q gave these fellows a model of a Q train or engine after his visit to the layout.

Noel+

On January 1, 2019 at 11:30 AM James Sandrin <sandmantrains@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The Funeral Home layout was an unexpected treat that I received from a friend and his father when I was still living in Hillside in the early 1960s.  I was instructed to show up at their place at 6 one evening to go on a short trip. After a half hour drive, we were escorted through an alley entrance, down some dark stairs to this impossibly wonderful scene that reflected the real Burlington that I would visit on my bike.  One note worthy memory was an O-scale North Coast Limited in Loewy Two-tone green.  At one point, one of our hosts took the shell off a Chinese-red Geep to reveal that the body had been fashioned from  a Maxwell House coffee can ( the artwork still readable on the inside of the shell)!  Needless to say, those impressions are still with me, over half a century later.  Just another step down this road to ruin on becoming a railfan.  Jim Sandrin

View/Reply Online (#56493) | Reply To Group | Mute This Topic | New Topic