Re: [CBQ] [BRHSlist] BB #56

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] [BRHSlist] BB #56
From: "richardforst2004" <reforst@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 12:08:12 -0800
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
I agree with Charlie Vlk and others that this was a GREAT Bulletin.

First, I would like to suggest that the CB&Q Group provide several (four or five) feature articles in future Bulletins and not one feature only in each Bulletin.  Waiting for many months for one feature article very time consuming and a long wait for information which was not necessarily of interest to me and others.  I know that much of that work in many cases was done by one person (and I greatly appreciate) but I think that publishing a broad range of articles in each Bulletin would be of more interest.  Take the long comprehensive articles and publish that in parts (two, three or four) in successive Bulletins and publish other information, too.  This gets more information out with each Bulletin  and at the expense of each Bulletin.

Second, tho while the CB&Q Group does this sometimes, other great historical groups publish a running list of future articles in preparation.  I have found that when I get an article published, it seems that a ton of more info (sometimes better) comes out of the woodwork which would have made the article more informative and interesting, if it was known that the article was in preparation.  I was born and raised next to the Q"s three track mainline (Brookfield, IL) and worked for the Q as a relief Agent/Operator during college in the 1960's and up to the 1970 BN merger.  I would gladly like to contribute my info and experiences to our fine authors and publishers but I can't contribute if I don't know what's already in the works. So, I would like to see an "Articles in Preparation" list published in EVERY edition of the Bulletin and Zephyr.

Third, I would like to ask for a "Future Article Suggestion List" inquiry time to time.  To start with I would like to see future articles on: the Downers Grove Suburban Engine Facility and Operation during steam (I think that is in preparation but have not seen it yet), the Riverside Suburban Engine Facility (I know Charlie Vlk has been working on that one and still looking for more information), the Western Avenue Engine Facility and Later Track Re-alignment, the Congress Park IHB Interchange and Operation, and what was the Relationship with EMD and the Q with setting up newly built locomotives and testing new EMD locomotives on the CB&Q.   To name a few.

Thanks for listening and keep up the great work on the articles and sharing of information.  Just imagine the interest and information out there for a railroad that was merged away in almost 49 years ago in a couple of months.

Richard Forst

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#56321) | Reply To Group | Mute This Topic | New Topic