[CBQ] Dynamometer Car Z / Northeastern Ambroid Kit

To: <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>, <BRHSlist@groups.io>, <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: [CBQ] Dynamometer Car Z / Northeastern Ambroid Kit
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 16:08:05 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

All-

I am trying to find what information the Northeastern / Ambroid CB&Q Dynamometer Car Z HO Kit was based on.   Back in the late 60s or early 70’s I called Northeastern asking about it and they had no files on the kit.

It is a fairly accurate model and must have been based on drawings and photos that have not surfaced yet.   The source of the pen and ink rendering of the car likewise has not been discovered.  The drawings of the car that appeared in railroad journals do not show the configuration of the car as it was built judging from early photos.

The kit instructions bear the note “>From the collection of Russ Shiel”.  Does anyone have any idea who he might be?

Thank you,

Charlie Vlk

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#56066) | Reply To Group | Mute This Topic | New Topic