Re: [CBQ] New Man

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] New Man
From: "Leo Phillipp via Groups.Io" <qutlx1=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 18:21:52 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Doug,

I try to avoid naming names to protect the guilty.  I haven't heard the Rip
story so thanks for that.and don't doubt it's authenticity based on rides
behind "Velvet". On the other hand I'm sure hoggers had lots of nicknames for
Condrs and brakeman. The one I heard on a regular basis was " he couldn't
switch out a one car funeral train without making a double move".

Then there was the investigation that I was invited "to determine your
responsibility......."
On a certain incident at Congress Park and while the entire train crew
testified that the stop at the south wye was routine, mgmt. apparently didn't
agree as they gave the hogger 30 days off for turning over several hundred feet
of mainline rail and making a royal mess of that nights dinky parade.

Which leads me to an upcoming article in this falls BRHS Bulletin where yours
truly thought that at minimum his RR career was going to have a 45-60 day gap
and was maybe over. But a member of management stepped forward before an
investigation could even be called and said the train crew was not at fault. It
was trespassers.

For those on this list who aren't BRHS members you'll actually save money by
getting your membership applications in vs. buying the Bulletin over the
counter .

Dave W. the name you supplied wasn't "velvet". His nickname was a vegetable
that is widely grown here in northern Illinois and enjoyed from late June to
early Sept. it is also widely canned and frozen for year round consumption.

Leo