Re: [CBQ] Heavyweight Aksarben Car Lettering

To: "CBQ@groups.io" <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Heavyweight Aksarben Car Lettering
From: "HOL WAGNER" <holpennywagner@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 14:17:18 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

Dennis:

Here's the image Ken refers to.

Hol

From: CBQ@groups.io <CBQ@groups.io> on behalf of Ken Martin <kmartin537@surewest.net>
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2018 1:04 PM
To: CBQ@groups.io

Dennis,

I have a Willian Raia photo of Lincoln Club on the rear of a train with AK-SAR-BEN on the letterboard and BURLINGTON in smaller letters over the solarium windows. The rear of the car has the BR trademark to the left of the door and the AK-SAR-BEN logo to the right of the door. There is something on the letterboard at the front of the car but I can’t make it out. It might be CB&Q but I am not certain.

Ken Martin

> On May 20, 2018, at 9:23 AM, Dennis Popish via Groups.Io <qchooch=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
> To all:
>
> Does anyone know of a source of photos showing any equipment that ran in the 1930’s or 40’s  heavyweight Aksarben with the train name in the letterboard in lieu of Pullman or Burlington?
> Bill Glick’s Q volumes and the Arthur Dubin “Classic Trains” books include photos of the other Anniversary Fleet consist cars for the Aristocrat and the Blackhawk lettered for those trains but I find no photos for the Aksarben equipment.
>
> Thanks- Dennis Popish

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#55465) | Reply To Group | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Change Your Subscription
Group Home
Contact Group Owner
Terms Of Service