Re: [CBQ] Heavyweight Aksarben Car Lettering

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Heavyweight Aksarben Car Lettering
From: "Ken Martin" <kmartin537@surewest.net>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2018 12:04:17 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Dennis,

I have a Willian Raia photo of Lincoln Club on the rear of a train with
AK-SAR-BEN on the letterboard and BURLINGTON in smaller letters over the
solarium windows. The rear of the car has the BR trademark to the left of the
door and the AK-SAR-BEN logo to the right of the door. There is something on
the letterboard at the front of the car but I can’t make it out. It might be
CB&Q but I am not certain.

Ken Martin

> On May 20, 2018, at 9:23 AM, Dennis Popish via Groups.Io
> <qchooch=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
> To all:
>
> Does anyone know of a source of photos showing any equipment that ran in the
> 1930’s or 40’s  heavyweight Aksarben with the train name in the letterboard
> in lieu of Pullman or Burlington?
> Bill Glick’s Q volumes and the Arthur Dubin “Classic Trains” books include
> photos of the other Anniversary Fleet consist cars for the Aristocrat and the
> Blackhawk lettered for those trains but I find no photos for the Aksarben
> equipment.
>
> Thanks- Dennis Popish

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#55462): https://groups.io/g/CBQ/message/55462