Re: [CBQ] Researching Divisions/ETT's for early 60's

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Researching Divisions/ETT's for early 60's
From: "Leo Phillipp via Groups.Io" <qutlx1=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 08:17:40 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Tom,

You are looking for Chicago and Aurora Division ETTs. For The time period your researching they are relatively plentiful and reasonably priced.
What you need to be aware of is there were far more trains than what the ETTs show.

On the passenger side during the summer there would routinely be second sections of the Northerns and extras and specials.

On the freight there would be extras in both directions. Also pay special attention to the footnotes and last page as these give insights into some of the unlisted runs.

If you're looking to purchase would suggest watching eBay and if you're in the Chicago area the railroadiana shows often have TT dealers. There's usually one at the June St Charles show.

Leo Phillipp