Re: [CBQ] Pepperidge Farm in Downers Grove

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Pepperidge Farm in Downers Grove
From: "Leo Phillipp via Groups.Io" <qutlx1=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2018 21:57:41 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
The current stub track has been the bulk product unloading track for decades. Air slides early on and now pressure differential(PD) cars are the norm.
The track a little West had two door spots as I recall for frozen food outbound. In the 70s it's my recollection we'd spot an empty mechanical reefer from the servicing track at Cicero on the  Congress Park job one night and pick it up loaded the next.

Pepperridge also shipped  out bread in baggage cars from the track behind the Downers Grove depot which would be picked up by an eastbound night dinky. Several of the old heads I once worked with mentioned it and it's in the 1950s ETT footnotes that a night dinky was to pickup from behind the depot.

Leo Phillipp