Re: [CBQ] Pepperidge Farm in Downers Grove

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Pepperidge Farm in Downers Grove
From: "Dave Weber" <dave@cimmarondesign.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2018 09:46:49 -0600
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
there was an additional track at pepperidge farm called the freezer track. mech reefers were loaded.what was shipped i do not recall.

On Apr 7, 2018, at 8:12 AM, William Barber <clipperw@gmail.com> wrote:

Michael,

I believe that they may have shipped flour into the plant and that additional track was used for unloading. They also may have received other material such as knocked down carb boxes. My uncle had the original trucking contract with that Pepperidge plant in the early 1950s when it first opened. His trucks delivered bread and other products to all of the Chicago downtown railroad stations for shipment on passenger trains to other destinations. The loaves of bread were packed in large cardboard boxes.

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#55312) | Reply To Group | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Change Your Subscription
Group Home
Contact Group Owner
Terms Of Service