Re: [CBQ] Q Transfer Yards

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Q Transfer Yards
From: "qutlx1@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 14:03:41 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1508267029; bh=Qma34lihLYzVMriKN/dnIR2MLe310XJPTyTFR+2oelE=; h=References:In-Reply-To:To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=pjUEUg7bblG0M9t6mw10CvwE0FIT4Gdy7kTyxlLNmb7KxBQRWTDK+td+rVbLTX2ICXSHOGRuVCSMIsLSqT70Vrbvde8MVwrVQR161r15BOXTDiZBDyEkh4KqmXwJtlhO7I+JwgR0eoQ7ZiYrw9oFlyPZyP96IBGGJyLfsN6/Uqo=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

At one time Western Ave yard was the Q's major Chicago yard where transfers were handled. I have an early yard track diagram showing a good portion the yard dedicated to those runs.

Later as Western Ave became more of an industry yard,Cicero became the origin and destination point for transfers. Foreign road transfers primarily delivered into the receiving yard and the Q transfers left primarily from 'D' yard.

Leo Phillipp