[CBQ] Re: Wye at Ottawa

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Wye at Ottawa
From: "eric.mumper@gmail.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 12 Sep 2017 15:47:46 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1505231267; bh=bkWLxcHTDD+AamsZ+Q8pOLMmznBjvmXtRrWniKLYtdk=; h=To:References:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=reefRBn7tlKc77i33btv9M6z1V4EXpXssH0WE6F2SFOk9GpmPAAXkL+a1DZ6Ok/5rgiKrtu3a7PtNDXXq7ply9bOQXINWIvSFVfzdsmLDvXvCcza3++g9nowswYCD2qxL2Z4Ye9OlvqTeG1LoJGfto0fG18jiRdIvc8Ts64ZZu4=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Leo,

The wye at Ottawa only existed for a period of years - the beginning and ending of which I am not sure of.  I have an Employee Time Table from 1954 and the column for Signs in Ottawa does not list Y.  For years the lead from the main to the sand plants  curved in from the south and the remnants can still be seen in Google satellite images.  At some point before the steam excursions, the north leg was put in.  In the past this leg was not possible as it curved up over the I&M canal.  Eventually the south leg was removed.  Someone with a collection of ETTs could find when the Y designation was included in the Ottawa Signs column to see when it was put in.

Eric Mumper

Posted by: eric.mumper@gmail.com