Re: [CBQ] Crew Change points from St.Paul to Chicago

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Crew Change points from St.Paul to Chicago
From: "Ted Schnepf railsunl@sbcglobal.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 10:47:32 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1501080900; bh=2CIWs7MYw/2qull4CirOAmr/4CJ+kxaDYu3m3peRuXw=; h=To:In-Reply-To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=uMlDTHLA/tCUBkMlFmdVm8OF+d92sPPaNnUAMVg4DqtHzXxEGDAKGKwaTKH1Azh9dxlECIuoj7NZeTz28T+g9mTZtrERo0uitA4fdof0b7wfmSjne9OlikAg49oCMZPmLd/AaBDwfqVL2LDYSkZ7iU0HFEAtJEnNFw6cLPczTiI=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi Rick,

 From the photo it appears the Q roundhouse lead crosses behind the
frog, so you can say the Q lead is crossing two Milw tracks.  Wonder
how they worked the switch and diamond ties supporting that
mess.  Very special track work.  And the Q crossed the same line with
four more tracks to the left.

It is interesting the Q engine terminal was built right next to the
Milw yard. Leaving that low ground between the Q yard and engine
terminal.  Maybe that space was for future yard tracks.

Some of Milwaukee's yard is visible in the background.  The light
colored building the upper right corner is the Milw Savanna depot.

Keep in mind the Milw was in Savanna about 20 years before the Q was
built through.  With all these diamonds and special track work,
Savanna was an expensive place for the Q to build through.

ted

At 09:14 PM 7/25/2017, you wrote:

>In this Savanna image I'm fascinated by the Q engine/caboose lead in
>the foreground crossing the MILW branch line.
>It appears the Q lead crosses the MILW branch in the middle of the
>MILW turnout.  Is the MILW turnout frog between the Q tracks?  I
>can't say I've seen this anywhere else, nor have I seen it
>modeled.  Scott, are you going to hand-lay this interesting turn-out/crossing?
>
>Rick Woods
>Rockton, IL

Rails Unlimited
Ted Schnepf
railsunl@sbcglobal.net
847-697-5353
126 Will Scarlet
Elgin, Ill. 60120
http://RailsUnlimited.ribbonrail.com/

Model Railroad Sales and Service with
a personal touch.
Books new and used.  HO and O scales.
DCC supplies. O scale urethane cars.
Photos and darkroom services.
Checks, cash (0%) or credit (secure server at web site 5% added).

---

Posted by: Ted Schnepf <railsunl@sbcglobal.net>

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com