Re: [CBQ] Re: SUNA/BRT/UTU on the Q ?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: SUNA/BRT/UTU on the Q ?
From: "qutlx1@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 20:49:04 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1500602087; bh=/h0she3aW+AARYhd0/ucwLPo2g1mtTVGZLsQNg7eQgU=; h=References:In-Reply-To:To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=WNP1f9zjY/X/esk8RW57d3TaMUmt+/QWFApYkE/shyzCs1wG6JQQpHVI5XOI+BW2yiEWvR9jnEwxgS0h7uh3fD+A2CZgsw4LG/PajZfHEUSOpMdRXKInrMgci9E+YaekfEH24FrUukD3Ynb5vhdU5HpVWPj0zEG9jiHRNkXwlPY=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Bob,

I don't have the files handy but memory says Kewaunee was first around '48, then Mendota shortly thereafter, followed by Rockford,Sterling,then Ottawa-Streator-La Salle, last was Eola in '62 or '64.

The files are really only summaries from the General Chairman to the local Chairman stating this has been agreed to effective such and such a date with a copy of the
Agreement and seniority lists with the joint seniority.

There is no insight provided as to where this change request originated, with the men or from the company.

Based on the details and one more here I'm still inclined to think SUNA/BRT had representation elections a couple times over the decade for the Aurora Div. yardmen.
In addition to previously mentioned 1920-21 petition on BRT stationary, there were at least 3 claims in the early 30s on BRT forms account the general yard master at Eola
Coming out on long moves in both yards passing signs and throwing switches.

For Smitty to retire as a SUNA member that org. Had to hold representation rights somewhere between late 30s and the 60s joint right. So your probably right that he just stayed with SUNA.

Leo