Re: [CBQ] Still Working As Age 78

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Still Working As Age 78
From: "Don Brown dbrown02@rochester.rr.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2017 20:34:02 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1499042045; bh=KxyXYas3JL2XOIAyTu7kKqelifD2uHOB3jgW4kZTAbc=; h=To:References:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=NkEWLIf4rkQk7bcRIYqxXmgT6Xz7FxtsRYqboE5u+tboxMG5h3VFXpZbGBJ6Iz7nRdLguf+yTXQW3E9UlZkiepOxE4XYm0WkcRyE4GpU5BLtItgCxEfDn0K3j0gDDpFoL7zeKoqtYCpqH6irjoxT35rxoE+DnoxFqgCKxi34Qjo=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Overall, the Railroad Retirement system is way better than Social Security.  But it burns me up that I am allowed to work for WalMart, Home Depot, or even form a consulting company, but if I work so much as one HOUR on a railroad payroll, I lose my entire month's benefit, and my wife loses her entire month's spouse benefit and I lose my whole month's spouse benefit from her retirement.  I feel they should treat railroad part-time service just like any other post-retirement job, but it just doesn't work that way.  About the time I hit age 95 they'll change it and say I can work!