Re: [CBQ] Stewart Hobbies F Unit Motor

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Stewart Hobbies F Unit Motor
From: "Scott Myers myers.scottv@gmail.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 10:15:48 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1487607351; bh=NoiyH9Mxsa8757DdEJe7OCEv/Kulv0RoioFFdE6N1mo=; h=In-Reply-To:References:To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=u39xaA32rR2YaXmtq7AvEow7mdHAYFfqrKwC9Z8wKxIhlD9cN6SLNY1tjfUMRQKoFEj76NM2QPaqP3zcOgtVLUP55Pkm6+C4qNNUxPC6GgoZ4bi50hLOlLY0tMtzYodxpji6qcqouQM+D6oqLPVUUc5dcRhNbuTv55FCkIf0zVE=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Charlie,

Thanks for the mention of the Kato motor.  I was puzzled by that at first, then finally remembered this morning that it is a Kato drive in that locomotive, as well as one of the other Stewart F units that I have.  I checked the Kato website, and sure enough, they have replacement brush sets for $2.50.  Quite a savings versus the $45 for an entire new motor and flywheel set!

Hopefully, this information will be useful to others owning Stewart locomotives with Kato drives as well.

Scott Myers