RE: [CBQ] Date of Origin for Everywhere West and Way of the Zephyrs

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Date of Origin for Everywhere West and Way of the Zephyrs
From: "'Rupert & Maureen' gamlenz@ihug.co.nz [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2017 21:42:46 +1300
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1486197763; bh=cPy/TSGbJZuAwce2OYdvTWwoF8FrfOra5aFbComGxJw=; h=To:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=04deeIkFX79XboflDJ1unuzJBa6ekIKJvZK9VGWQCpQJ/7lOhoaPJp4BeD+7Pij2oFAF0V4Z8kp0z/p/rY5peaM/xENcqe0tkCIO+Xxv7kYj6wslE/Nh1qsEs8Gxgl/jvux3SWdHM2+6qN9ep0Wcbg+PG9mNx/4DcANpBnQ9RXA=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Keith

The only photos I have of XM-30 and XM-31’s (which were built 1937 onwards) show them with an Everywhere West slogan on the left side (but I haven’t found a photo of the other side). This is not the diagonal style used on the XM-32’s, which were built from 1940 onwards, but a more horizontal design. Given their construction date, it seems unlikely that the “horizontal” slogans would have been added during a repaint prior to the diagonal style being adopted. In Data Sheet on XM-25 / XM-26 cars, there are photos of both the left and right sides of cars with diagonal EW slogans, with a comment that they were repainted in the post-1937 style.

Based on this, I think the XM-30’s would have been the first to carry the EW slogan (possibly on both sides) and the XM-32 the first to sport the two slogans.

Rupert Gamlen
Auckland NZ