Re: [CBQ] 1952 flooding

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] 1952 flooding
From: "Mark Sellars sellarsmark_aus@yahoo.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 23:04:05 +0000 (UTC)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1485817509; bh=iIwR9HkfA68xFP/Wh799YzA8wEgjQiiKgLLmKNOCTtY=; h=To:In-Reply-To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=x/dVdroLD7/MNx+G6NDvn5YYSOR6dctGXl9O83oboJ+yLf+RXYXi6uM7L9tWRe5HqWWYJ5NXgWToFDANuw61QTgfqbVfhjqZTq/KlN2dikfmeX6vfVdTKxudED0DkcU4uGc4jwBbKPpK1e6MO01uYbP1EEXOU3e1LJ2CVhwTTWk=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Greetings Gentlemen,

I have enjoyed your posts.

In July of 1951, the Kaw River flooded and inundated the ATSF transcon and the Argentine Yard.
For several days all ATSF transcon trains, freight and passenger, were annulled.
Deals were struck with the CB&Q and the Frisco and trains began to move again. Most over the Q.
This lasted approximately two weeks, whilst the road bed dried out and repairs made. Possibly longer.

I don't think the dispatchers on the McCook division got much sleep during this emergency.

Mark Sellars
South Australia