Re: [CBQ] Fairmont equipment

To: CBQ <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Fairmont equipment
From: "Tom Burg teb2771@earthlink.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 06:41:34 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1485520834; bh=AAKbpVRup8qzEE/LtqK8rPxmv7KUN9P0L9AgdLjU9Vg=; h=References:To:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=sYUEP3eVJ/qgiPP8hsnQPmenBsCeLjePpq0mi7Qkpqk73LUZyWbsUUPjtWqdfniafV+8C7FCgIwLFYex6YpPfU6wv/KjldltuJW0kEQnQ1QIwSObh7w7IOEpoVgpD1D5upGEBuPNwU1p1AT1VHOhb16ZeFFUF5P7t+ZDBAfQmrE=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

I want to second the praises of Martin County Historical Society in Fairmont, MN. Ten or more years ago we were there checking the background of Fairmont Railway Motors’ largest item, the Potlatcher railcar of the Washington, Idaho & Montana Railway, built in 1937. Lenny Tvedten, exec. director (is he satill there?), called in people that had worked on the design of the car, and even a lady who worked in the office and rode the car when tested on the local rails (can’t remember if it was C&NW or CMStP&P). We had a fabulous time. They hosted us again when the 2011 Milwaukee Road Historical Association was in Austin, MN. By this time HARSCO had mostly emptied the factory, but former employees still put on a nice slide show of their equipment and history. Tom Burg