Re: Fwd: [CBQ] Grain Haulage

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: Fwd: [CBQ] Grain Haulage
From: "STEVEN HOLDING sholding@sbcglobal.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 13:21:30 +0000 (UTC)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1479302493; bh=iJV6S9I6Jy4ka1OQRGT1FWNTcpUCmworsmBYXhOLLqs=; h=To:In-Reply-To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=qOQXMY7VVFS2G9Sta1/T5OMzG0OAGPd2lJUxiFc8yn7L+RKGrbJMhCqNcKqbGFiVGJa/r+uZZwuS8FhmI5iQxuluzaWhCcERGxlHRpUAbLsxrkeL1TQ+l1WD9bbbQRA6RDxHqCzZhRKC21Uvj4v1vmyZ5RpvY0VaVd9ZR1fR9jg=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Larry
I would have to say in most cases the land was leased.  For a normal small fee.  Same with lumber yards, coal sheds and other warehouses with in the about 100 feet ROW.  IF you can fine ROW maps like the one I used for my clinic at La Crosse there are notations on them.  Often in some of my files are smaller maps just for the leases.  When the Aurora Elevation was put in they even built it wider just to serve the Fox River Butter Co.
Due to the changes in business today and the loss of the customer base that is one reason often there is no buildings close to the tracks thru most towns today.  All the coal shed, warehouses and elevators have been torn down.
Steve in SC