Re: [CBQ] Montgomery Sheep Yard Question

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Montgomery Sheep Yard Question
From: "STEVEN HOLDING sholding@sbcglobal.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 15:23:47 +0000 (UTC)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1474212274; bh=dQjcjYPLV6wZK2sS4beQn7uhzb4/CFQWI1LOBqW+s/g=; h=To:In-Reply-To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=ds6LqOl3+G/3MvAk/bF7bgMFxvU2AF/nIB4VxWXdit2GOYou0kCASmzzNO7dkwQgZjfhDnCsz985bB4Vt+nAJzlZg9bmrg+1iV4QwVsa3PhleigF+ZG1xeaX6H/hnap3I3Fudmp7onr87ag0qrxEw63/PoIWDPtlhhv5sn0OYdg=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Sorry for the delay but just got home from the Archive work day on last Tuesday.
The loading at Montgomery was done onto a wooden platform.  NO ramps just gates that had a moveable end to reach into the cars. Any ramp was a plywood ramp with slats for footing.  Worked ok for sheep but the larger one for cattle took two guys.  The gates were two together so the one would slide using the other for support with an iron bar to hold them from swinging. This lead to a small pen to hold the carload.  Then you turned them out into the alley and weighted the stock.  Counted them as they left the scale and run thru the alleyways to a pen in the shed where they were watered and feed.
Drove by the sheepyard on the 11th and the elevator is looking very bad
Steve in SC
See you in La Crosse