Re: Is: unit grain trains was: Re: [CBQ] CB&Q Large Cubic Foot Covered H

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: Is: unit grain trains was: Re: [CBQ] CB&Q Large Cubic Foot Covered Hoppers
From: "STEVEN HOLDING sholding@sbcglobal.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 13:06:27 +0000 (UTC)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1471439191; bh=sxvihaCOFuh/SXOV2JhNUjpTyliBTtpOsCxdtRJSrTA=; h=To:In-Reply-To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=CKWmvmacWXvTQAwTLdMu+MkObYxh9w5o9F/cuWeNpJ0h6AtrP1cQyuv5q7GjpImQmuxWFLy6nDKB74HqWo7H44B5uJBZwJNPwGElkT/SuSOiHTanITWSDkRNv1Jviut3bCu/qF6Kf+dYkhG+9cVdYTI8m6fwpCFiHlC6NhHnfHo=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Jeff
I do not think the Q was late in the grain unit train moves the routing was not there.  They would have had to drag it to Denver CS-FWD to the Gulf.  A route they did advertise from the PNW.  Midwest you would have had to give the move to someone else.  ie dump it in the rivers for New Orleans like they do today.
"We don't want to short haul ourselves"  Was the answer I got to a similar Question
Steve in SC