[CBQ] Re: Black Boxcar Theory

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Black Boxcar Theory
From: "William Canelos sharronbillc@yahoo.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2016 21:22:08 +0000 (UTC)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1454448310; bh=1uKORgwDRvHW1l/2Kj+Z4UqmRK00UQR1TvBOOh4XYsg=; h=To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=1nedIo4+oAGNESY8FTm7gOCHqz6J526HYpzO7A9t8gy5DrIkXeboXsUCro66mk6ZpKy9ko9op8HmeUU/F8qNfvOb0t7TXeVBuUB2mXuxX1OYKEvxkypbh3oHsuwF2LSUNHkqk4/04d2T4dYgZLmHo7MCzD9XyDE5TzG5wNc8Eaw=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

All theories aside, with respect, I believe the car is a dark red perhaps freshly painted.  Some years ago I saw a black and white photo of a narrow gauge boxcar with the door freshly painted after a repair,  but the rest of the car was worn and weathered.  The door looked black in the photo. I thought at the time the car was for some special service thus a black door. The same car was also photographed in color about the same time and it was totally obvious the door color was a fresh coat of the standard dark red paint when I saw the photo.

I am thinking it is also very unlikely that the shop or a car builder would just for the heck of it paint a boxcar black instead of the standard boxcar red.

I don't say it is impossible, but after that photo experience, my opinion is that the car is a newly painted dark red car.

Bill

Posted by: William Canelos <sharronbillc@yahoo.com>