[CBQ] A History of the CB&Q Quincy Branch review

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] A History of the CB&Q Quincy Branch review
From: "JK public@redtower.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 09:46:10 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
So I also got my copy of the book yesterday, and have spent some time perusing
it.  By no means have I even touched the surface of all the information in
here,
this book will take days to fully absorb.

Overall the wealth of information presented is exceptional...this should be the
new standard for books on a railroad line or location.  There are 454 pages,
and
I'm guessing over 1,500 photos.

Bud, I like the fact that you have brought in tons of information about each
area, including information that wasn't necessarily directly related to the
railroad, including photos of people, buildings, timetables, aerial photos and
old newspaper articles. There is information about local steamships and
aircraft
companies. Interesting facts and photos about local railroad employees. There
are even railroad contracts in here.  I don't know how long it took you to put
together this massive amount of information, but the end result was worth it.
superb job that I'll enjoy for years to come.

Randy, exceptional job with the publishing...the overall quality is obviously
very good, but the photo printing is probably some of the best I've seen.
Obviously some photos are so old/deteriorated there isn't a whole lot you can
do
with them, but even with those you've done a great job making them look as
presentable as possible.  For the photos that are good already, the detail,
color and print is excellent.  Very good job...and I didn't realize you were
also a contributor!

Again, great job.  And for all the others who have contributed to this
work...thank you.  You have helped create a masterpiece.

Cheers!

Jan Kohl
www.castlegraphics.com

Posted by: JK <public@redtower.net>