Re: [CBQ] Heyday of Railroads?

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Heyday of Railroads?
From: "qutlx1@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 16:13:05 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1452809591; bh=gysX7/w9CI3KUB9MnS7eXVBMoONGMBn99UAvOEZ9uho=; h=References:In-Reply-To:To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=cydhyGNYoFwD1yQ6hMQABBJnndhyF5riq4IUbdclkfFp5s0Nf52f8vRaSOqO7YNy6h8XcmCh5pjMceODyeDJBiezhJFUnF9N5n1tf0l3Y5KlokVy6mB2EHsNxvrDACcQixYXB+rjZ2b86rM8TL2FyqYHCBJaNs9goUCe1b5ZKog=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Jan,

I suppose it depends on ones definition of prosperous.From a systems point of view,profitability and depth and types of services the period from about 1890-1910 would be the zenith of railroads in The U.S.
I'm not the only one who defines it that way. The Mid Continent Railway Museum at North Freedom uses that in their mission statement,which is to depict a northern Midwest RR operation in the Golden age of railroading around the above years...

This was the time when railroads were the only choice for freight or passengers. They controlled
Movement of everything,people,live stopcock,packages(LCL),express,mail,etc,.

Leo Phillipp