Re: [CBQ] CB&Q Wheel Reports

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CB&Q Wheel Reports
From: "Bill Scott wscott@optonline.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2015 13:18:56 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1446401938; bh=HejLCo4zkuzbgzIipPAW/fMSx8skAoyEm1uOY2PoBF4=; h=In-reply-to:To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=sjgvs0FcTp9R14N/Roj2Ij213PZtT+HtNwUy276MkcCR9Jy/jxVlc+8REGJvUfZjMKJBFn3VhufAfDepzimxwgL6bf2Ti/hHzQ4IFSCwzhMiTVUuZho304IX2zhuFXFgxtHdBCwsZAQwlDP8aWBuHUgUQmc/929UzXjwAr1H98M=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

I was looking at the wheel report from GN train 82, April 19, 1968, and wondered, why weren’t the cars bound for the same destination all grouped together?  For example, there were a dozen cars bound for Chicago, but only a few pairs can be found, and never more than pair together.  Was it the receiving yard’s problem to sort the cars, and the sending yard didn’t bother to do that all?  So, I guess my question is, how were outbound train composed? Randomly, or was there a method to their apparent randomness?

Bill Scott