Re: [CBQ] Cuckoo Clock

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Cuckoo Clock
From: "LZadnichek@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 12:05:56 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

November 25, 2015

Bob - Thanks for further identifying. From the exhaust, the S-1 was working steam, but not with a full throttle. Plus, for film and camera shutter speeds of that era, I agree with your speed estimate. Any faster and the image might've been blurred to one degree or another. Might well be the fireman in the cab window. If he had been busy shoveling coal, the exhaust would've been much darker. The relatively light colored exhaust would indicate a hot, clean fire giving the fireman a few moments to catch his breath.  Otherwise, the "relaxed" individual in the cab window could've been the head end brakeman or even a RFE. Always enjoyable to closely examine such a fine old photograph and come-up with some observations. Happy Thanksgiving to you and all members of this Group - Louis

Louis Zadnichek II
Fairhope, AL