RE: [CBQ] 1936 Denver Zephyr Sign- Denver Colorado [2 Attachments]

To: CB&Q Group <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] 1936 Denver Zephyr Sign- Denver Colorado [2 Attachments]
From: "Hol Wagner holpennywagner@msn.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 12:09:49 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1433182214; bh=XITjrfHhHVbb5+Ih7cJLDApJD+2Kus7WsKYiUM2NB/o=; h=To:In-Reply-To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=tOv+cfe4bkiaU67eotuFwXK8awUOuSxYQkYvZHTFJWmNuxRNRt10nyfsgRXj5rO8dkNWTt162aVpyLBDyKMzKgWYNH7pxW7LlTXRdNsFl2hLnI50ANl7z3UnPg6sTduE/4coXcc9WGCEbCcylod5Aj1h8IlOVIq/Q/vEX1clNkM=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
[Attachment(s) from Hol Wagner included below]

Dennis:

No, I have learned nothing more about the sign and who erected it.  I'm attaching the two images of it that I have, one of which appeared in the Bulletin and the other which you just posted.  My scan may be a little sharper than the CRRM image.  At any rate, the first was taken in about 1950, as the streetcar tracks are still in place and there is a yellow streetcar visible just behind the yellow and maroon trolley bus.  Denver Tramway streetcar service ended on June 3, 1950.  The second view dates to 1955, the last year for the trolley buses, which by this time wore red and cream paint -- and the new Mile High Center office tower designed by I.M. Pei has been erected at the corner of Broadway and 17th St.  The sign came down the next year.  There was a similar large sign nearby on Broadway (but I don't recall just where, though I know it was near Colfax and Broadway) for the Rock Island's Rocky Mountain Rocket, featuring an E6 pulling the train.  It came down before the DZ sign.

Hol