[CBQ] 1936 Denver Zephyr Sign- Denver Colorado [1 Attachment]

To: holpennywagner@msn.com
Subject: [CBQ] 1936 Denver Zephyr Sign- Denver Colorado [1 Attachment]
From: "qchooch@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 13:18:58 -0400
Cc: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
[Attachment(s) from qchooch@aol.com included below]

Hol:

The recent excellent BRHS Bulletin publication on the 1936 Denver Zephyr includes a great color photo from your collection of the CB&Q's color neon lighted and moving action sign depicting the 1936 Denver Zephyr.

As you know the sign was mounted atop a building on Broadway in downtown Denver. The caption in the Bulletin states that the sign was taken down just before the Denver Zephyr was re-equipped in 1956.

If you recall we had a discussion on the history of the sign a few years ago, you remembered seeing it as a younger lad but we could not determine who built/erected the sign and when it was actually erected.

Just wondering if you have discovered any more information about the sign? Perhaps another society member or Q group yahoo subscriber would have additional information?

I have attached another photo of the sign courtesy of the Colorado Railroad Museum and via BRHS society member John Stockton of Tucson, AZ

Best regards- Dennis Popish

Attachment(s) from qchooch@aol.com | View attachments on the web

1 of 1 Photo(s)