RE: [CBQ] Can Anyone ID This Image

To: CB&Q Group <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Can Anyone ID This Image
From: "Hol Wagner holpennywagner@msn.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 07:36:34 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1425738998; bh=YOlAFLWC/nUnpGuChueK/DDZSA/2DlCHg5ig6WkDAn0=; h=To:In-Reply-To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=tHwA/aytOIG5fQLrpqjDvwOYytXHnDuANb9KG+eaqvS2JiafXbwx7OJZ+FZiHisgwu946Ug9tj5qkYTUMQql/QgSyGXheoPnZBJ+L5Ym0moZ5orLW1t2K4ITKdx4GZ1xLI5jF1JGMwDPhHe+Rtdd59slObE+nxmIJMFY9BDQ5FA=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Louis:

This one came as a surprise to me , too, when I saw it on eBay.  I was aware of the 1525 similarly dolled up for use as the Omaha depot switcher, but this one was a shocker.  Checking assignment sheets, it was always assigned to the St. Joe Division and thus would have been either the St. Joe or Kansas City depot switcher.  And considering the generally lower class of the passenger trains that passed through St. Joe, my money would be on Kansas City.  Such switchers were used where there was direct competition in the same facility (or, as in the case of Omaha, directly adjacent and plainly visible).  UP, of course, had a similarly outfitted switcher at Omaha.  And there was, for a time, a dolled up G-10 assigned to depot duties at Denver, while UP also had a fancy 0-6-0 here.

Hol