[CBQ] Fwd: [] Fox River Line Presentation

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com, CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Fwd: [] Fox River Line Presentation
From: "qutlx1@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 17:30:54 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1425252653; bh=YOFEXIEmZ/QNsbQ5Vr55RmuIwue3GrW4P5ZBdjMe+aY=; h=References:To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=gSUxDA8m/zEPXX47hbw0R0tzED3XFdYlZjkiM4MV+EkcF74hi5CASykLMtnIk5s1NXoqtt0yXYrpaGoQby3np6jdIWCDrUXCG3v2FwXr5k8jPfLRfLzUf/1WCUTUky1MJPeFHAbEZasy+3wPx/fjfhIyfZo/pao+cqxeUUL0Xmo=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Thanks Tom. As I said it was rewarding to see so many folks interested in the line.

It was my pleasure and a labor of love. I got the better end of the bargain. I especially enjoyed seeing 3 of my former coworkers who I have not talked with in over 30 years and doing a bit of reminiscing.

I learned a lot and several of my questions were answered by the drawings you brought or from members of the audience. I thought it was really significant for Cecil Piggot (sp) to share that he was running the engine when 11812 derailed the 87 cars at Wedron in 1971. Then he answered my long standing question as to what caused the pile up !

And as you heard I learned about a gravel pit just north of Yorkville and south of Yagan pit that I
Previously was unaware of !

And not to correct you but simply as FYI, just before the start,Sarah the museum asst, taking admissions said 76 had paid at that time,there were still a couple coming in the door. Bob the asst director advised afterward that they have 85 chairs and ran out. Deducting the one I kept up front that makes at least  84 in attendance. Quite a testimony to interest in the branch !

Leo

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message: