RE: [CBQ] Wood side two bay hopper decals [1 Attachment]

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Wood side two bay hopper decals [1 Attachment]
From: "robev1630@sbcglobal.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 01:29:07 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1424935767; bh=cPhrDKarsvxSOjSJwTOFRRqJDgLXf1csdv6IsBEkrV8=; h=To:References:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=KHaEed2e7ZClQwSzX7TYm9giuOc1IUylW1/QK8NYkh2rFIRJHuHihzxWKFZyG1HuX7SQnCX6utf/ebWi2tRU/LMeq/5y/fTBdAq6lYK5bZI/FyAKp6oAQaG0DG19QISGThqQ9VGU3+t+3e0pf/Hi+tYezEmZ9xqAdu1UOfUbaFM=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
[Attachment(s) from robev1630@sbcglobal.net included below]

Todd,

I have built several of these in Q livery. The color is more Boxcar Red than Mineral Red. I toned them up with PanPastel Iorn Oxide Red to bring back the correct color. If you are repainting you can strip off the old lettering or paint with 90% Isopropl alcohol and repaint with your choice of a mineral red. I use Polyscale but that is almost non existant. There are towing lugs to be added and I used etchings made for container cars that are dead on by A-Line. I also put the brake line on the correct side and rotated the release mechanism for the hoppers on mine. The cast resin loads for the Athearn twin bays from CM shops and others are an exact fit. The loads were treated with Pearl Black Coarse from PanPastel.

Sincerely,

Rob Manley

Midwest Mod-U-Trak

"Better modeling through personal embarassment"