Re: [CBQ] What's Wrong With 5030?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] What's Wrong With 5030?
From: "Chris Atkins tcatkins@gmail.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2015 15:01:46 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1423083710; bh=jn7e2xiRcZ4WN/Vb9znbOcruVNW5bk/K7KI22pc8E0s=; h=To:References:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=NC/hkBAEEkI7UxtsVZNoEbf41ULyvK1p6ylgOcU4JY3+NkQzTKe7g+7HX2LYffl3/3HuJp8Kwfs816BeNxxLaXQWmyQjP1JafOqapxcOF/ADoUV9Jn5teTqDd2Pto0b1xbdLOGVRQXeiGJm111eLB7qCDyNRwQNiHGXXK+Bcrl4=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

The coal in northern Wyoming that spills over into southeastern Montana is mostly low sulfur, sub-bituminous and some bituminous. There is a lot of Lignite in eastern Montana that stretches a little into Wyoming as well.

I appreciate Hol pointing out the differences between sub-bituminous coal and lignite. My step dad ran the labs at Big Horn and Decker at different times when I was a kid so I grew to understand a little coal chemistry. When I see lignite, I have a hard time thinking it as coal. As Hol mentioned, it's a lot more brown.

If you google around you can find maps that show the general areas where coal is found. Unfortuntatly, I can't put my finger in the Wyoming map, but here is one of Montana.

http://www.mbmg.mtech.edu/sp28/images/fig10a.jpg

Chris Atkins
Argyle, TX